6/15/07

This week I went to my cousin's middle school graduation. It was great to see the family happy and celebrating a good event. My cousins will start high school this fall and soon will be so grown up I probably won't recognize her!

I came across an article that discusses topics here in the USA that the mainstream media does not cover much if at all. In fact, they probably don't cover it all. Sometimes covering events like Paris Hilton, Anna Nicole Smith, or the latest missing young blond woman is too great a ratings grabber to cover more serious issues that are more important if not less sensational. I don't believe in rapid conspiracy thinking, but I believe it cannot be denied that decisions and events that affect everyday life are made behind closed doors.

Read this article which details the devastating statistics regarding the state of Iraqi children today, over 4 years since the March 2003 US-led military invasion and occupation. I believe this one story is enough to convince anyone that what has happened is a true travesty and crime against humanity. President George W. Bush is personally responsible for it. And I support his impeachment. The situation for US combat troops also is terrible, as they are burdened with the load of a military conflict with no plan and no strategy. It was reported that more troops are suffering mental health problems and are not getting help, and not to mention that increasing numbers of Army troops are questioning the whole point of being in Iraq now.

No comments:

Post a Comment